Roles and Responsibilities Job Purpose:
The Business Analyst (BA) will be responsible for gathering and understanding the business needs within specific projects and generally in relation to ACS Group Business. The BA will then ensure together with the Product Manager, Project Manager and ACS Group Business partners, that the requirements are accurately translated into the application and operational requirements. The BA will be working across a range of complex and simple projects.Job Responsibilities/ Duties:
Competencies required: (Knowledge, Skills & abilities)
- Elicit requirements using document analysis, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or requirements workshops with Business stakeholders and Produce Managers.
- Independently lead requirements elicitation, analysis, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Expertise in translating the requirements/FRs in Product Backlog Items, Business Stories (Epics), User Stories, Test Data and manage changes to requirements through effective use of change control processes and tools, also assist in the enforcement of project deadlines, schedules, and methodologies.
- The ability to think analytically, solve problems too complex business processes, and effectively communicate analysis insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Facilitate requirements prioritization based on business value, Review and/or prepare system documentation and specifications in accordance with methodology.
- Manage requirements traceability information and perform high-level functional testing to ensure deliverables will satisfy business requirements.
- Work on multiple tasks or projects at any one time while maintaining high-quality standards and sound judgment, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through including the flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment.
- Develop wireframes, workflows, use case diagrams, flowcharts, screen mock-ups and other analysis-type documentation.
- Collect and analyse the project's business requirements and transfer the same knowledge to the Development and QA team
- Provide quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights and trends to decision-makers
Education & experience:
- Good understanding of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Proficient working with tool i.e. MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook), Jira
- Comfortable with Lucid Charts, MS Visio for flowcharting, data flow, process & swim diagrams
- Competent with user interface design and mock-up tools such as MS Visio, Balsamiq, or other tools (s)
- Exposure to the understanding of software systems design and application programming
- A foundational understanding of relational databases, web applications and/or other distributed
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills (externally and internally at all levels)
- Good Knowledge of SDLC and various Development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile)
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience: 7-10 Years
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering/MCA/MBA
5+ years of experience in Agile or Waterfall development methodologies
Industry: IT Services & Consulting
Functional Area: IT Software - Other
Role Category: System Design/Implementation/ERP/CRM
Role: Business Analyst
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent